Hello Students for your better preparation of CBSE CLASS 06 here we are sharing complete solution of NCERT CLASS 06 History Chapter 9 Traders Kings and Pilgrims – with Complete explanation, Summary, NCERT CLASS 06 History Short Answer Questions, NCERT CLASS 06 History Long Answers, NCERT CLASS 06 History MCQS, NCERT CLASS 06 History mind maps.
Class 6 NCERT Chapter 9 “Traders, Kings, and Pilgrims.”
- It starts by highlighting the importance of trade and how it influenced the growth of early civilizations.
- Emphasizes the role of traders, kings, and pilgrims in ancient India’s history.
2. Traders and Towns:
- Discusses the significance of trade routes like the Silk Route and the spice route.
- Explains how traders from different regions came to India to exchange goods.
- Mentions the goods traded, such as spices, silk, and precious stones.
- Talks about the development of towns as centers for trade and commerce.
3. New Kingdoms Along the Ganges:
- Introduces the Magadha region and its importance in ancient India.
- Discusses the rise of the Mauryan Empire under Chandragupta Maurya.
- Mentions the administration and achievements of Ashoka the Great.
- Describes the decline of the Mauryan Empire and the rise of regional kingdoms.
4. On the Silk Route:
- Explores the significance of the Silk Route.
- Discusses the accounts of Chinese pilgrims Fa Xian and Xuanzang who visited India during this period.
- Highlights their observations on Indian society, culture, and Buddhism.
5. The Story of Harsha:
- Introduces King Harsha and his reign in North India.
- Discusses Harsha’s efforts to unify North India and promote Buddhism.
- Describes the decline of Harsha’s empire after his death.
6. Pilgrimage and Patronage:
- Explores the concept of pilgrimage and its significance in ancient India.
- Discusses the patronage of religion and culture by kings and merchants.
- Highlights the construction of stupas, monasteries, and temples as acts of patronage.
7. A Closer Look: The Delhi Iron Pillar:
- Describes the famous Iron Pillar located in Delhi.
- Discusses its construction and the scientific marvel of its rust-resistant iron.
8. Review and Conclusion:
- Summarizes the key points discussed in the chapter.
- Reinforces the importance of trade, kingship, and religion in shaping ancient Indian history.
This chapter provides insights into the rich history of ancient India, highlighting the interconnectedness of trade, kingship, and pilgrimage in shaping the civilization of that era. It also introduces students to important historical figures and events that played a crucial role in India’s development during this period.