Hello Students for your better preparation of CBSE CLASS 06 here we are sharing complete solution of NCERT CLASS 06 History Chapter 10 New Empires and Kingdoms – with Complete explanation, Summary, NCERT CLASS 06 History Short Answer Questions, NCERT CLASS 06 History Long Answers, NCERT CLASS 06 History MCQS, NCERT CLASS 06 History mind maps.
Class 6 NCERT Chapter 10 history “New Empires and Kingdoms.”
Introduction to New Empires and Kingdoms:
- The chapter begins by introducing the concept of new empires and kingdoms that emerged after the decline of the Gupta Empire.
- The Cholas were a prominent dynasty in South India during this period.
- They established a powerful empire and were known for their maritime activities, trade, and temple construction.
The Cheras and the Pandyas:
- These were two other dynasties in South India, contemporary to the Cholas.
- The Cheras were known for their trade connections with West Asia and the Romans.
- The Pandyas were famous for their pearl fisheries.
- The Pallavas were another dynasty that ruled in South India.
- They were known for their architecture and the construction of rock-cut temples.
- The Rashtrakutas were a powerful dynasty in the Deccan region.
- They had a well-organized administration and were patrons of art and culture.
- The Gurjara-Pratiharas were a North Indian dynasty.
- They were known for their control over trade routes and their patronage of art and culture.
The Pala Empire:
- The Pala Empire was a significant dynasty in Bengal and Bihar.
- They were patrons of Buddhism and Nalanda University flourished under their rule.
The Chalukyas of Kalyani:
- The Chalukyas of Kalyani were another Deccan dynasty.
- They are known for their architectural contributions like the Kailasanatha temple at Ellora.
- The Rajputs were a group of warrior clans in North India.
- They played a crucial role in the political landscape during this period.
The Kingdoms of the Deccan Plateau:
- This section discusses various smaller kingdoms and regions in the Deccan Plateau and their unique characteristics.
Trade and Commerce:
The chapter also emphasizes the importance of trade and commerce during this period, including both overland and maritime trade.
Religion and Culture:
- The chapter briefly touches on the religious and cultural aspects of these empires and kingdoms, including their patronage of art, literature, and architecture.
Decline of the Empires and Kingdoms:
- The chapter concludes by discussing the factors that led to the decline of these empires and kingdoms, paving the way for further developments in Indian history.
This chapter provides students with an overview of the diverse political entities that existed in India during the early medieval period and their contributions to art, culture, and trade. It also sets the stage for a deeper understanding of the historical developments in the subcontinent.